Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me!

Picture Today is my 60th birthday. I've come a long way baby!

Over the years, the dreams changed - I wanted to be a nurse, then a teacher (didn't every little girl in the 50's?). I tried that in college and hated it.  Then once I discovered music, I wanted to be a piano teacher - which I also did for a while.
It was hard trying to remember what it was like to not know what all those strange marks on the page meant.

Later in life I went to college and majored in changing my major. It was the 70's, after all!  Finally I just quit and followed my then husband and became the perfect corporate wife - played bridge, hosted progressive dinners, you get the picture. That turned out not to be my piece of cake. (Sorry about that!)

I finally graduated from college in 1994 with a degree in Organizational Management. At that point in my banking career, I really didn't need a degree  (I was already a Vice President), but I went ahead and did if for myself - and my parents. Unfortunately, my father died two months shy of seeing my get that diploma.

Today, I am finally doing something I truly love - designing and handcrafting jewelry. How I wish I had known that when I was 18!

Libby

1 comment:

  1. I always wanted a birthday cake like that. Guess that was good for a little girl. The purse cake fits you perfectly now. I've never seen a shoe cake! Your lastest designs are terrific!

    ReplyDelete